Place the options in the following order:
- appropriate for high performance computing applications
- forwarding process can begin after receiving the destination address
- may forward invalid frames
- error checking before forwarding
- forwarding process only begin after receiving the entire frame
- only forward valid frames
11. What is a basic function of the Cisco Borderless Architecture distribution layer?
aggregating Layer 3 routing boundaries
aggregating all the campus blocks
acting as a backbone
providing access to the user
12. ABC, Inc. has about fifty hosts in one LAN. The administrator would like to increase the throughput of that LAN. Which device will increase the number of collision domains and thereby increase the throughput of the LAN?
13. What does the term “port density” represent for an Ethernet switch?
the numbers of hosts that are connected to each switch port
the speed of each port
the memory space that is allocated to each switch port
the number of available ports
14. Which type of transmission does a switch use when the destination MAC address is not contained in the MAC address table?
15. What is a basic function of the Cisco Borderless Architecture access layer?
aggregates Layer 3 routing boundaries
provides high availability
aggregates Layer 2 broadcast domains
provides access to the user
16. What information is added to the switch table from incoming frames?
source MAC address and incoming port number
destination MAC address and incoming port number
destination IP address and incoming port number
source IP address and incoming port number
17. Fill in the blank.
A “ converged ” network is one that uses the same infrastructure to carry voice, data, and video signals.
18. An administrator purchases new Cisco switches that have a feature called StackPower. What is the purpose of this feature?
It enables many switches to be connected with a special fiber-optic power cable to provide higher bandwidth.
It enables the sharing of power among multiple stackable switches.
It enables many switches to be connected to increase port density.
It enables many switches to be physically stacked in an equipment rack.
It enables AC power for a switch to be provided from a powered patch panel.
19. Which switch form factor should be used when large port density, fault tolerance, and low price are important factors?
rackable 1U switch
Refer to the exhibit. Fill in the blank.
There are ” 5 ” broadcast domains in the topology.
21. What tool is important to consider for use when making hardware improvement decisions about switches?
switched virtual interfaces
traffic flow analysis
22. What is the maximum wire speed of a single port on a 48-port gigabit switch?
23. When the installation of a network infrastructure is being planned, which technology will allow power to be provided via Ethernet cabling to a downstream switch and its connected devices?
wireless APs and VoIP phones
24. Match the function to the corresponding switch type. (Not all options are used.)
Layer 2 switches
- typically used in the access layer of a switched network
- forward traffic based on information in the Ethernet header
- can build a routing table
- supports a few routing protocols